Welcome to Summer Adventures In Virginia's Blue Ridge
From the flowing scenic rivers and mountains full of blooms, to wonderful live music, sports, events and more, Summer is the quintessential time to plan your historic getaway to The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center and visit the Roanoke Valley in Virginia’s Blue Ridge! The arrival of summer welcomes warm weather, festival season in full swing with music, art, garden week, beer, and more! There's always a fun celebration happening during a summer visit, especially when you escape to the mountains. It's also the perfect time to experience an epic biking experience in the Blue Ridge Mountains, recently dubbed the Mountain Bike Capital of the East!
View and book one our signature packages below to celebrate summer and visit Virginia's Blue Ridge today!
Roanoke Mountain Adventures
The mountains are calling. Hit the trails and get out in the wild with the Roanoke Mountain Adventures package!
Virginia's Blue Ridge has it all! Experience beautiful rivers and creeks for kayaking, SUPing and canoeing, amazing spots for birding and wildlife watching, interesting geocaching opportunities, hiking trails with stunning panoramic views,and challenging road and mountain biking trails. Bring your gear or rent from our friends at Roanoke Mountain Adventures! The package includes:
- Adventure Pack including bottled water, energizer drink, packaged granola bars, California trail mix, bananas and a local guide to outdoor fun in the valley
- A certificate for 20 percent off a guided trip or equipment rental, or trail shuttle service with Roanoke Mountain Adventures
- Valet Parking
Based on availability. If utilizing the 20% off at Roanoke Mountain Adventures, your arrangements must be booked in advance by calling 540.525.8295.
Roanoke Mountain Adventures is a full service outfitter based in beautiful Roanoke, Virginia. Offering guided trips for mountain biking, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), kayaking, equipment rentals and an extensive area shuttle service for a variety of do it yourself outdoor adventures. Roanoke Mountain Adventures works to promote the region’s great outdoor recreation opportunities for visitors and residents. Learn more at www.roanokemountainadventures.com
The Train Lover's Package
The Train Lover Package is a unique opportunity for visitors to experience how Roanoke became the city it is today! Those who seek the rich history of America's railroad heritage will delight in The Hotel Roanoke Train Lover Package
- Accommodations overlooking the railroad
- Breakfast for two in The Regency Room
- Tickets to the O. Winston Link Museum and the Virginia Museum of Transportation
- Lodging just steps from O. Winston Link Museum, the Virginia Museum of Transportation and downtown Roanoke
Roanoke Food Tour Package
Discover the bustling downtown and the tastes, sights, and aromas of the culinary scene as you stroll and eat your way through the Star City with Tour Roanoke! The blend of food, culture and history is the perfect recipe for a delicious and fascinating Virginia Blue Ridge experience! Guests will have a fascinating journey on this 3 hour walking and culinary tour. Glimpse behind-the-scenes at area restaurants, discover the story behind the food and make new friends while sampling tasty one-of-a kind treats.
The package includes:
- Overnight accommodations at the historic Hotel Roanoke Conference Center
- A tour through Roanoke's vibrant food scene and the exploding historic downtown.
- Uncover hidden gems, iconic landmarks, back alleys and Roanokes colorful history.
- Receive the Downtown restaurant guide – with exclusive Coupons after the tour from Tour Roanoke!
Please contact Tour Roanoke at (540) 309-1781. If you wish to cancel, please do so 1 day prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
The best seat in Virginia's Blue Ridge has wings attached!
Looking for a unique way to experience all the beauty the Roanoke Valley has to offer? Take to the skies with the Planes, Trains and Automobiles package in partnership with Star Flight Training at the Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport! The package takes you to new heights with a scenic tour of your choosing plus luxurious accommodations!
The scenic one hour tour include option to one of the following (flight arrangements must be arranged separately): a loop over the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Appalachian Trail; a cruise up to Blacksburg to get an overview of the campus, Lane Stadium, and the beautiful mountain scenery; or a chance to fly and see the 500 miles of coastline around beautiful Smith Mountain Lake!
You'll soar in Star Flight Training's four-seat Diamond DA40s for all air flights.
The Planes Trains and Automobiles Package includes
- Overnight accommodations overlooking the rail lines and Amtrak Passenger Station
- One hour flight tour (for two passengers) of your choosing (Mountain/Appalachian, Hokie Route, or Smith Mountain Lake Loop)
- Full breakfast buffet for two in The Regency Room
- Shuttle Transportation to and from Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Self Parking
Based on availability.
Arrangements for your tour must be made directly with Star Flight Training. Please call Star Flight Training directly at 540.855.8186 to book tour dates and times. When arranging your flight, please mention the Planes, Trains and Automobile package. You will be given a Tour Flight pass upon arrival to the hotel.
Ready to fly? Arrange your tour with Star Flight Training Today!